Education and Qualifications:
1979 - Graduated from the Kuibyshev State University;
1988 - Ph.D. in Saratov State University;
1992 – Dr.Sc. in the Central Design Bureau of Unique Instrumentation, RAS (Moscow).
- Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor;
- Head of Laboratory of Laser Measurements IPSI RAS.
- Part-time Professor of the Department of Technical Cybernetics, Samara State Aerospace University (SSAU).
The main areas of research:
- Diffraction Computer Optics.
- Expert of Russian Foundation of Basic Research;
- Deputy. editor of "Computer Optics."
- Winner of the Provincial Prize for Science and Technology, 1998.
- Winner of the Governor of Samara Region, 2013.
360 scientific papers, 9 books, 10 patents of the Russian Federation
- Iterative methods for calculation of diffractive optical elements (VA Soifer, VV Kotlyar, Doskolovich LL), Taylor and Francis, London, 1997, 255p.;
- Methods of Computer Optics. Ed. by V.A.Soifer, Moscow, FIZMATLIT, 2000, 687p.;
- Methods for computer-aided design of diffractive optical elements, edited by VA Soifer, New York, Wiley & Sons, 2001, 765 p.;
- Diffraction computer optics, ed. VA Soifer, Moscow, FIZMATLIT, 2007, 735p.
- «Metods for Computer Design of Diffractive Optical Elements" edited by V.A. Soifer,Tianjin Science & Technology Press, Tianjin, 2007, 570 p. (in Chinese).
- AV Gavrilov, Golovashkin DL Doskolovich LL, PN Dyachenko, Kovalev AA, VV Kotlyar, AG Nalimov, Nesterenko DV, Paul - VS, Skidanov RV, VA Soifer, Khonina SN Shuyupova YO "Diffraction Nanophotonics", ed. VA Soifer, M., FIZMATLIT, 680p. (2011).
- R. Skidanov, VA Soifer, V. Kotlyar "Optical trapping and and rotation of microobject by use vortex laser beams", LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, 200p.(2011).
- VV Kotlyar, AA Kovalev "Vortex laser beams", Samara,IPSI RAS, 252 p.(2012). ISBN 978-5-88940-125-4.
- “Computer design of diffractive optics”, ed. by V.A. Soifer, Cambridge Inter. Scien. Pub. Ltd.& Woodhead Pub. Ltd., 896 p. (2012)
(ISBN 1 84569 635 2).